The Building Department is responsible for the issuance of permits and inspections for building, concrete, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and signs; zoning enforcement and reviewing site plans.
- You must obtain a building permit before beginning any new construction or making any structural alterations.
- Inspections are required after obtaining a building, electrical, plumbing, or mechanical permit. Electrical, plumbing, and mechanical permits typically require a rough and final inspection.
- There may be additional inspections required based on the scope of work.
The Ortonville Zoning Ordinance can help you know what is permissible on a property within the Village. To view a copy of the Village of Ortonville Zoning Ordinance, Zoning Map (which will help you see within which zoning district your parcel is located) and Code of Ordinances, visit the Ordinances page.
Building Department Forms
- Building and trades permit applications can be submitted via email to [email protected]
- At this time, associated permit fees can be paid by cash, check or money order via mail, in person at 476 Mill Street, or outside the Village office via the dropbox.
- Office hours are Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.