The Village Of Ortonville is looking to fill a part-time laborer position in the DPW department. If you like working outside, desire to be a team player, have a mechanical aptitude, are willing to learn and enjoy handling lawn and garden equipment, we would like to hear from you. Starting salary range of $12.00 - $14.00 per hour. A full job description and employment application are below.
Prior to employment, applicants:
- must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
- must be eighteen years of age or older.
- must be willing to work overtime when called upon.
- must pass a physical exam including drug test with physician to be designated by the Village Manager.
- must pass background check.
Employee must perform jobs assigned, but not limited to:
- street sweeping
- street striping (painting)
- cold patching
- salting and sanding streets
- snow removal from streets, sidewalks, and parking lots.
- grade, gravel, mow, etc. shoulders of streets
- maintenance and care of culverts; some installation
- installation, maintenance, etc. of drains
- brush and limb removal
- litter pickup and removal
- sign maintenance
- park maintenance (includes mowing, equipment repair, emptying and care of trash receptacles, fence maintenance, etc.)
- cleaning, maintenance, repair, etc. of the DPW grounds and buildings
- sidewalk maintenance, new sidewalk construction, weed control, etc.
- municipal parking lot maintenance
- manual labor – mowing, trimming, raking, shoveling, litter
- skilled labor – operating heavy equipment such as trucks for snow plowing and/or back hoe; plus, mechanic work, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing work.
- any other projects assigned by the DPW Supervisor or the Village Manager.
Please submit applications in-person at the Village office at 476 Mill Street, Ortonville or by US Mail at PO Box 928, Ortonville MI 48462