live ~ shop ~ enjoy

Forms & Permits

The Fee Schedule effective January 25, 2016, is listed below. Payment via cash, check, or money order can be taken in person at the Village Office, or deposited in the 24-hour drop box outside. Checks and money orders can be mailed with permits and applications. Applications can be submitted via email to: [email protected] 

Office hours are Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Fee Schedules

Building Permit Fee Schedule

Electrical Permit Fee Schedule

Mechanical Permit Fee Schedule

Plumbing Permit Fee Schedule

Building Department Forms

Building Permit Application

Contractor Registration Form

Electrical Permit Application

Mechanical Permit Application

Plumbing Permit Application

Sign Permit Application

*Contractors must register when doing work within the Village. Registration is good until the license expires. To register, contractors must fill out a Contractor's Registration Form and send it in with a copy of the contractor's license and ID, as well as a fee of $10.

Adult Use Marihuana Establishment Application Process

Inquiries to the Village of Ortonville regarding new marihuana facilities may be emailed to [email protected]

Application Process Timeline

The Village of Ortonville will accept applications for Adult Use Marihuana Establishment Licenses from October 19, 2022 - November 9, 2022. Once that window closes, the village will evaluate all applications for awarding conditional license approvals within thirty (30) days. If more applications than licenses are received, the village will conduct its evaluation of applications on a competitive basis according to the Adult Use Marihuana Establishments Ordinance.


Applications will not be accepted without a $5,000 non-refundable fee.

Marihuana Policy Documents

Updated: October 10, 2022

Miscellaneous Forms 

Board and Commission Application

Burn Permit | Burn Calendar

Change of Use Site Plan Review Application where Building Permit is NOT Required

Change of Use Site Plan Review Application where Building Permit IS Required

Chicken Permit Application

Employment Application

FREEDOM of Information Act Request Form

Service Request Form

Special Event Permit Application  

Variance Application - Non-Commercial

Variance Application - Commercial/Non-Residential

Work In Right of Way Permit Application

Old Town Hall Use

To see the dates available for use, visit the Old Town Hall Schedule Calendar.

If you have questions or would like to reserve the hall, please contact the office at (248) 627-4976 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday. You will be required to fill out and sign an application to use the Old Town Hall. Remember: Spots fill up quickly! Old Town Hall is located right next to the Village office, at 486 Mill Street.

  • Village of Ortonville Residents - $45.00 fee per use
  • Non-Village Resident - $70.00 fee per use

The fee may be waived for certain non-profit or community groups that are deemed to benefit the Village or community.

WEEKEND EVENTS: Please be sure to pick up a key from the office the Thursday between 9-5 before your weekend event, the office is closed on Fridays. 

Old Town Hall Application

Old Town Hall Use Rules & Regulations          

Crossman Park Pavilion Rental

The Pavilion at Crossman Park is also available for use! Please read, fill out and turn in your application at the Village office if you're interested.

To see the dates available for use, visit the Crossman Park Pavilion Schedule Calendar.

Pavilion Use Application

Pavilion Rules & Regulations