Oakland County / Ortonville Sewage Disposal System Information:
- The Village Council has voted to take the bonding contract for the sewer project to a vote of the people, to be November 3, 2015.
- Public Notice of Intent
- Bonding Contract (Contingent upon election)
- Certified Resolution containing vote for contract, ballot proposal (language), and approval of public notice.
- Estimate of Probable Cost
- Village of Ortonville Preliminary Engineering Report for a Village Sanitary Collection System - November 2013 - ROWE
Our quaint little community received its name from our founder Amos Orton whose grist mill inspired people to settle and build in this area. We are a village that is approximately one square mile in size, but it can be said that we are the downtown to Brandon Township, we're happy to be an authentic village that has been a hub of activity for over 150 years.
Two of Brandon School District's elementary facilities are located in the Village as well as the Intermediate School and the Community Education's Sherman Lifelong Learning Center. Brandon Middle School and Brandon High School, awarded The Blue Ribbon Exemplary School Award for Excellence, are both short walks from downtown.
The Brandon Library, a newly designed, state of the art library, is housed in the Village. Three park areas, two churches, a historical museum, an authentic one room schoolhouse, a senior citizen center, little league fields, and a skate park are also located in the Village.
So, whether you are just passing through, looking to make this your home,
coming here to shop or searching for a home for your business,
"Welcome to Ortonville"